Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kickathon

So anyways...
We had a kickathon at the karate school on Friday. I gave a flat donation and was told earlier that I wouldn't have to kick. Everything is subject to change in that place. It's good for me, I need to be more flexible.

So anyways...
When I got there, all the little white and purple belts were seated on the floor~ like ants seated at a picnic.. they were everywhere. While I put my tunic on, a mom tried nicely to tell her kid to sit down. I pulled my belt knot tight, put my mean face on, and LET HIM HAVE IT. It was SO MUCH FUN!! The mom said thanks.

As I was warming them up, the Gm came down and started his regular routine. Jumping jacks, a billion push ups. Hold that horseback position until you are crying. It was great. They seriously stayed in a plank position for 10 minutes while I walked around with 2 other senior belts yelling,"Get your knees off the floor! You have 2 stripes, why are you lying down??? GET up! GET OFF THAT FLOOR!!" Stickin' my toes under their knees to see if they were touching and yelling at everyone. It was SO MUCH FUN.

So anyways...
Then the senior belts were told to line up for the kickathon. Why do I ever believe him? All the little belts are standing against the wall, and as I'm doing my 300 stretch kicks I can hear their little brains saying, "Hey lady.. get your foot up there. Faster! Mrs stripy belt, why aren't you kicking higher. THAT IS NOT A STRETCH KICK~~ GET IT UP THERE." I tried to use the vibes that I was definitely receiving as encouragement. :-)

Then I gained 2 pounds. How does that work?

4 comments:

  1. You didn't lose any weight because you ate a See's candy. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think 300 kicks would cancel out a See's candy. Do the math!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you comment on your own blog. haha
    Nice job mean Mama.

    ReplyDelete