Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just about the time you think you're lookin' good...

One day I want to write a book entitled "So, there was this time when..."

So, Sis and J and I decide to have a girl's night out. I put on my best shirt. Got on my groovy jeans. Finish off with my nice red hoodie (not a teenie bopper hoodie, an adult hoodie). Sis usually looks professional. Julie (the former cowboy girl) wants to go shopping and purchases a teale colored cotton scarf to acessorize with. As she's checking out I notice a man also checking her out, not in the learing sense, but in the taking another look sense. Then I check her out. She's not dressed provocatively, just looking good with her curly hair and layered shirts... MY BABY.

At this point I'm not feeling old. Julie's just growing up and Sissy is a professional. I'm lookin' good too, right?? So, we go off to see our movie. I had put something in my pocket in case it turned out to be a tear jerker, but it wasn't. Just funny. Afterward, as we strut to the exit, through the lobby of the theater, I notice J's scarf streaming over her shoulder. Nice effect. Then my hand brushes something at my side, and I notice a plume, about 3 feet long, of toilet tissue billowing in my wake.

And that's how your can tell when you're old. J acessorizes with scarves. I acessorize with toilet tissue.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Oh mama! I love thee so! This totally made my day. I have tears coming down! I can totally picture it.

    <3 Stizie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, huh? Just beam me up now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA this is the greatest story on the planet! I forgot about your toilet paper experience. I can't wait for you to write the book!!

    ReplyDelete